- Blades Machinery Stocks 100 & 150 HP Soft Start Panels that include interlocked across the line secondary starters from 5 HP to 25 HP to operate material evacuation blowers. Blades Machinery custom configured panels are designed keep the operator from running the granulator without first starting the blower and then to keep the blower running after the granulator is turned off. A user programmable timer is provided that can can be used to program the delay time for the blower shut down from 15 seconds to several minutes, ensuring that all ground material has been pulled out of the grinder before shutting off.
SSW-06 Series Soft-Starters are static starters intended to accelerate, decelerate and for the protection of three phase induction motors. The control of the voltage applied to the motor by the means of the thyristors triggering angle variation, allows the soft-start to start and stop smoothly an electric motor.
With adequate adjustments of the variables, the torque produced is adjusted to the needs of the load, so the required current is going to be as low as possible for the starting procedure.
WEG Soft-Starter SSW-06 series, micro processed and full digital, are products with state-of-the-art technology and have been produced to ensure the best starting and stopping performance of induction motors, presenting themselves as a complete and low cost solution.
The human-machine interface allows easy adjustment of the parameters what helps commissioning and operation.
Weg motors and drives, the proven leader in A/C motor control maintains their leadership role in Soft Starter technology with therelease of the 3rd generation SSW06 Soft Starter Product Line. Many of the advantages that have been proven successful in WEG’s CFW09 Variable Frequency Drive are now integrated into the SSW06 Soft Starter.
ADVANTAGES – A Dual Readout Digital Copy Keypad allows maximum ease of operation by providing a high visibility red LED display and a 2-line by 16-character alpha-numeric display that virtually eliminates the need for an instruction manual during set-up and operation. The alpha-numeric readout can display in English, Spanish, German or Portuguese. The copy keypad function allows the storage of two unique sets of User Parameters for easy recall. This can also be used to download these parameters to other SSW06’s for easy set-up and “cloning” of multiple soft starters.
“Oriented Start-Up” is a WEG exclusive advantage that simplifies the initial start-up of the SSW06. The SSW06 asks for operational and motor information via the keypad, thereby assuring correct operation and the motor overload protection is setup accurately.
The Built-in Bypass Contactor will automatically put the AC motor “across-the-line” once the SSW06
has smoothly accelerated the motor up-to-speed. The bypass contactor will minimize power losses and
heat dissipation by removing the SCR’s from the motor control and also provide energy savings and
a smaller overall soft starter package. The user can mount the SSW06 inside of a more protective
enclosure, NEMA1, NEMA3R, NEMA12, NEMA4 and NEMA4X with minimal cooling requirements.
Universal Source Voltage allows a single unit to be used in applications with voltages ranging from
220 to 575V AC three phase, 50/60Hz. The appropriate soft starter would be selected by the full load
Amps of the AC motor.
- 32 Bits RISC high performance microcontroller
- Electronic motor protection
- Removable Human Machine interface with double display (LED / LCD)
- Fully programmable control methods
- Totally flexible torque control
- Kick-start function for high break-away torque
- Pump control function for intelligent control of pumping systems
- Avoids water hammer in pumps
- Current peaks limits on the power supply
- Voltage drop limits during starting
- Power supply voltage 220-575 V and 575-690 V
- The control board power supply has EMC filter (94 to 253 Vac)
- Built-in bypass up 820A, providing size reduction and saving
- Back-up memory of motor protection I2t thermal image
- Voltage and current unbalance protection
- Over / under voltage and current protection
- Input for motor PTC
- Reduction of mechanical stress
- Reduction of stress over couplings and transmission devices (gearboxes, sheaves, belts)
- Increases the lifetime of the motor and mechanical equipment of the driven machine
- Easy operation, programming and maintenance via HMI
- Simplified electrical installation
- Oriented Start-Up
- Possibility for standard three leads or inside delta size cable connection (except 575-690 V models)
- All protections and function available for both types of connection (unique in the market)
- Serial or fieldbus communication errors protection
- Operational environment up to 55°C (without current reduction) for model range 10 A to 820 A and up to 40ºC (without current reduction) for model range 950 A to 1400 A